Top Things You Think You Know About Data Privacy Compliance (But Maybe Don’t)
Business opportunities are increasingly arising overseas, whether you’re a fledgling start-up or a Fortune 500. As you venture into the larger world, it’s worth to remember that at last count, over 80 countries have adopted data privacy laws. Laws and local attitudes about data privacy may be very different from your business as usual, wherever you call home.
Here are some of the common misperceptions about what data privacy compliance is and isn’t.
1. Business Data and Documents may be Personal Data.
2. Public Data Is There To Use.
3. We’re Compliant – We Have An IT Security Policy.
4. We’re Compliant – We’ve Got Everyone’s Consent.
6. We’re Compliant – We’re Following The Law.
Source: http:// dlapiper.com/